Post on any topic for general discussion.
Lantz

Postby Lantz » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:00 am

Hi everyone! After taking an almost 20 year break from the hobby, I'm hoping to get back in the game this flying season. I started out flying with Rich Valley RC (Hastings) in the mid 90's and did most of my half dozen years of off and on flying at the now defunct Tri Valley RC in Rosemount. Once that field closed, I drifted away to other family responsibilities.

Now that I have retired, the RC bug has bitten me once again. I have renewed my AMA membership and sent application, initiation fee, and membership dues to TCRC. I still have my trainer, a Midwest Aerostar 40 (equipped with a Royal .46) that seems it good shape. I visited Big Sky Hobby in Eagan and picked up some new fuel, transmitter, flight box, and receiver batteries. The Royal was a bit stiff, but an application of After Run Oil freed it right up and a small amount of fuel in the carb made in run for a few seconds. My next job is to check CG and clean off a couple of decades of accumulated dust and dirt. As you can imagine, my flight box needs a good clean out. I also have a Goldberg Tiger 60 in the process of construction (wing is built).

I'm hoping to link up with one of you for a refresher once you all start flying. I'm a retiree now so I'm pretty open on time. I live in north Apple Valley and will travel to Jordan via 169. I see that this forum isn't used by the members very much so I'm hoping this is the proper way to introduce myself. If there is a better venue, please let me know.

Lantz Wagner

Wing-Nutt

Re: New member

Postby Wing-Nutt » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 pm

I just wanted to say welcome Lantz. Glad to see that your getting back in the hobby, hope to see you at the field and the club meetings. The meetings are a great place to meet other members and get see what other people are up to.

Darryl
Darryl

Clear Prop!

Lantz

Re: New member

Postby Lantz » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:38 pm

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for the March meeting but should be able to make the April meeting.

Return to “Control Tower”